ENTRIES TAGGED "dynamic languages"
Moose, Regular Expressions and how Perl 6 is influencing Perl 5
Damian Conway is a prominent member of the Perl community, author and presenter.
Key points from the full video of our recent interview include:
- Perl 6 might not be here yet but it is seeping into Perl 5. [Discussed at the 1:09 mark]
- You really should use a more current version of Perl — one reason — Regular Expressions. [Discussed at the 1:48 mark]
- Moose — making object orientation easier. [Discussed at the 2:38 mark]
- Best Practice — Test! Test! Test! [Discussed at the 6:08 mark]
- The Perl Community — 25 years old and still optimizing the fastest dynamic language out there. [Discussed at the 9:42 mark]
You can view the entire interview in the following video.